When I read that Ron DeSantis was pulling out of a major Jew donor event in New York, I first thought “well, maybe the boy is going right.”
But no – it’s a “personal strategy.” No, no – it’s not that. It’s a “personal tragedy.”
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis had to pull out of a big-bucks fundraiser for New York gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin on Long Island on Sunday because of an “unforeseen tragedy,” the candidate’s rep told The Post.
The Sunshine State Republican was slated to appear at a $25,000-a-plate gathering in Oyster Bay.
“An unforeseen tragedy forced Governor DeSantis to reschedule his trip to New York,” Zeldin spokeswoman Katie Vincentz said, declining to elaborate. “While we’re rescheduling with Governor DeSantis for a later date, tonight’s fundraiser will proceed and is expected to raise almost a million dollars.”
With DeSantis vaulting to national prominence in recent years, Zeldin has been hoping to add some political wattage to his fight against Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul.
Hochul has put Florida and DeSantis in her crosshairs in recent weeks, with repeated attacks on the rising conservative firebrand.
She fired an unprompted shot at DeSantis at a recent event commemorating the Holocaust.
“I just want to say to the 1.77 million Jews who call New York home: Thank you for calling New York home,” the governor said. “Don’t go anywhere or to another state. Florida is overrated.”
Haha. That’s a funny thing to say. I guess she wasn’t joking?
Anyway – this event was for another candidate, but DeSantis is doing his own massive fundraising for his planned attacks on Donald Trump.
For more details on my positions on the DeSantis 2024 thing, please read this:
That title doesn’t say it, but that goes through all my points on DeSantis and Trump 2024. Well, not all of them. Somewhere I listed off all of the evil forces supporting DeSantis 2024, but I don’t know where those articles are.
Anyway, I can’t just keep saying “I support DeSantis as governor, but I don’t support him challenging Trump.”
By the way, Zeldin is total garbage.
From his Wikipedia:
- [Zeldin] has said that regardless of what the Supreme Court decides on Roe v. Wade, “nothing changes in the state of New York”
- Zeldin and Senator Chuck Schumer introduced the Fluke Fairness Act
- In February 2016, Zeldin and Representatives Mike Pompeo and Frank LoBiondo sought visas to travel to Iran to check the country’s compliance with the Iran nuclear deal framework.
- Zeldin is vaccinated against COVID-19
- Zeldin has said that Israel is “America’s strongest ally” and that Congress must “protect Israel’s right to self-defense”
- Zeldin spoke highly of the Abraham Accords and nominated Jared Kushner and Avi Berkowitz for a Nobel Peace Prize for their work on the agreement
- In July 2022, Zeldin was one of 47 Republican representatives who voted in favor of the Respect for Marriage Act, which would codify the right to same-sex marriage in federal law
- He also attended Hebrew school
I guess I could have just said “he’s Jewish.”
But Laura Loomer is Jewish, and she defends the supremacy of the white race – the only Jewish thing she does is support Israel, which basically all non-Jews do too.
You can’t claim Trump isn’t mobbed up with some of these Jews, obviously. But DeSantis is worse.